I love writing. And i hope that one day I'll make doing it good the main goal of my life. Until that this blog is my practice. And perfect practice makes perfect, right?

10 окт. 2011 г.

About Formality

We live in the society full of those weird so-called rituals we have to follow. 

One of the stupidest are the ones of greetings and goodbyes. I mean, seriously, why do all that pretence! A kiss on a cheek has become automatical. As well as a good-bye hug. And usually I feel that it is a necessary gesture, something I had to do to end the meeting. 

But now I am starting to notice how formal it all is. Hello, it was not a hug, you've barely touched me, looked somewhere away and I didn't even hear your goodbye. To be honest, we haven't spoken a word to each other the whole day. So you know what, put this formality aside and just don't touch me.

From now on all the physical contact is reserved for my friends only. Otherwise I feel too weird pretending.

1 комментарий:

  1. Hi!

    It's a pleasure to read your blog. With respect to your blog post, you misspelled 'automatic'.

    I totally agree! I greet others with a hug, but people are quite frigid, and don't always reciprocate

    ОтветитьУдалить