I love writing. And i hope that one day I'll make doing it good the main goal of my life. Until that this blog is my practice. And perfect practice makes perfect, right?

30 сент. 2011 г.

Name Day - Almost Birthday :)

According to Wikipedia "name day is a tradition in many countries in Europe and Latin America that consists of celebrating the day of the year associated with one's given name." Even I couldn't have said this better.

So, today is my name day. Long time ago this day was celebrated like a birthday, with dinners and parties, presents and fun. But in the XXI century - not anymore. The only festive thing I have on my table is the bright-blue SAT Prep book. And a lot of vocab cards. I am slowly becoming  a nerd... but as long as it helps me to get into college, I guess I am fine with it.

The other thing on my mind right now is my upcoming actual 18th birthday!! Oh, the air of freedom... I've been torn apart between a glamorous party (like last year) and something active and fun. The struggle went on for a long time, and guess who won! 

It looks like we are going to have a Boys vs Girls Paintball Match! Invitations will be send out a bit later, as well as the wish list will be published. 

And now I have to get back into my nerd-ish "state of mind" and keep fighting SATs. Wish me luck! 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий